D-day landing beaches Tour
Your private chauffeur will meet you at Le Havre/Honfleur Cruise Terminal. Relax in your private minibus on a 2-hour ride and enjoy the view of the countryside along the way.
Your first stop is at Point du Hoc where you will see the numerous bomb craters which remain untouched since the war. Climb thru the various bunkers to witness how the Germans used the cliffs to their advantage and imagine how the Amricans attacked and captured the battery after scaling the cliffs. Afterwards, head to Omaha Beach and pass through 8 kms of the coast of facing the English Channel. At the shore, you will find a sculpture called Les Braves ‘The Braves’ in honor of the soldiers who fought the war. A nearby museum can be optionally visited. Next, continue the tour to the Normandy American Cemetery to pay tribute to the fighters of the battle. On 2019, President Macron and President Trump jointly visited the cemetery honor of 75th anniversay of DDay. You can also stop by the visitor center for a detailed exhibition about the war.
Know before you go
• The above mentioned tour relates to the American Sector. This tour can be adjusted to accomodate the Canadation Sector area (Juno Beach, Canadian House, Canadian Cemetery).
• You may bring your own snacks and drinks to be eaten in the car while on transit to be able to make the most out of your day.
• A few cafeterias are available along Omaha beach. Tour schedule will be adjusted should you wish to grab a snack.
• On low seasons, all cafe in the area are closed so it is highly suggested to bring your own snack and drinks for the day.
• Musuem entrance ticket is about 10 euros and can be purchased directly on site.
Tour Duration : 9 hours (2 hrs driving per way, 5 hrs on site)
Above pricing is per group and not per person
Please note that the driver is not a tour guide and will not give commentaries while driving and on site.
If you wish, you can hire a licensed tour guide who will be with you during your visit and will give an in depth explanation of the site and its rich history.
Our partner guides are members of the Normandy Tourism Association and are licensed by the French Federation of Tour Guides.
Why choose us ?
Normandy Private Tours by NavettePlus
+33 2 77 15 22 30
Reservations : Monday to Wednesday 09H00 to 17H00
Tour Operations : All days of the year except December 31 and January 1